The American Quarter Horse Association has announced that the Tulsa Reining Classic was chosen as one of its top shows for 2017. Each year, AQHA tallies its totals and releases a listing of its top shows in various divisions. The list includes top AQHA Shows, Top Equestrians with Disabilities Shows, Top Level 1 Shows, Top Introductory Shows, Top Dressage Shows, Top Versatility Ranch Horse Shows, and Special Events; however, it is the Top Alliance Events list where Tulsa Reining Classic shines.
- NRHA Derby, Oklahoma City
- Winter Slide, Ardmore, Oklahoma
- April SRCHA Show, Ardmore, Oklahoma
- Rocky Mountain Columbine Classic, Pueblo, Colorado
- SRCHA Swing into Spring, Guthrie, Oklahoma
- Eastern Slope Slide Event, Castle Rock, Colorado
- Tulsa Reining Classic, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- SRCHA Swing Into Spring, Guthrie, Oklahoma
- Lazy J Arena Pen and Sort, Stillwater, Oklahoma
- NRCHA Stallion Stakes, Las Vegas
“We want to congratulate the show management teams behind these top shows. These teams work hard to provide exhibitor satisfaction and their dedication translated into their show being a major destination for competitors,” said AQHA Chief Show Officer Pete Kyle. Rankings were calculated by dividing the total number of entries for each event by the event’s total of show numbers.
AQHA creates alliances with associations, national or international in scope, which predominately feature American Quarter Horses in their competitions. The associations have fair rules and judging procedures that are widely recognized and accepted throughout the world and, where applicable, are substantially similar to AQHA’s rules and regulations. Many of these partnered associations have the ability to provide AQHA with points and/or money earnings on American Quarter Horses competing in their events.